2.03.2010

Kale Chips

 

I've been reading the hype about "kale chips" on foodie sites and blogs for a while and decided it was time to try it when Dan came home with two bunches of kale on Monday night, not one. I mean it was obvious, right? Clearly, the time to make the kale chips had arrived...... "Okay, universe! I get it!"

I am so thrilled with these. They were extremely quick, easy, and truly delicious. We ate the whole batch while making dinner. Silly me for thinking they'd be a healthy snack to have around for today. Call me insane, but I can honestly say that I would rather munch on these than potato chips. I'm not kidding. They are light, thin, crispy, and delightful. I think I could eat them every day. And no guilt! Someone pinch me.

After tearing the kale leaves into bite sized pieces, I tossed them with some olive oil and salt, the way I would a salad but with a little more oil (and salt!). Then I transferred them to a baking sheet and popped them in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 350, checking a couple of times and stirring to even the crisping. Many of the recipes out there suggest drizzling the oil over the kale on the baking sheet. I thought tossing would make for a better chip.

Please. Try these.

No comments:

Post a Comment